It’s a fact - everyone is ignorant
in some way or another.
Here, learn something.
- Where are your programmers located?
- Do all your programmers speak fluent English?
- Can I bring your programmers on-site?
- Can I hire a full-time programmer away from you and bring him into my company?
- What do your programmers specialize in?
- Do you offer project management or work on a per project basis?
- Do you have graphic designers and/or product managers as well?
- Can you work with us to screen, vet, or interview programmers we want to hire full-time for our company?
Who are you guys and what do you do exactly?
- The "Badass Programmers" brand and BadassProgrammers.com were created by a team of digital experts at Digital Brand Group (DBG) to market three of DBG's most commonly requested engagement models. We have worked with a multitude of startup companies, small businesses, and multi-national corporations to earn a reputation of delivering breakthrough consulting, technology, and creative services where forward thinking is applied.
What does free beer mean?
- Well, first a little history... The beer theme designed into the Website came about almost by mistake, but we ended up loving it and here we are. As we neared the end of our design concept for BadassProgrammers.com, we wanted to add a little "cherry on the cake," and this is where the "free beer" concept originated. To put it plainly, many of our customers tend to request a discount. As a result, we decided to build in a small discount for each engagement model. We call it "free beer" and the discount is roughly equal to a 6-pack of beer. The discount will be reflected in your invoices. :)
Where are you located?
- We have physical offices in Newport Beach (California, USA) and Trivandrum (Kerala, India). Most of our project managers, creative staff, and company executives work in the Newport Beach office, and the majority of our Badass Programmers work in the Trivandrum office.
Where are your programmers located?
- Geographically, our programmers live in and around the area where our two offices are located in Newport Beach (California, USA) and Trivandrum (Kerala, India). Depending on your needs, you may engage Badass Programmers working in our Newport Beach (PST) office or in our Trivandrum (IST) office.
Do all your programmers speak fluent English?
Can I bring your programmers on-site?
- If you really need a resource to be on-site at your company location, we can make the necessary arrangements. However, additional costs for travel, food, and lodging will apply.
Can I hire a full-time programmer away from you and bring him into my company?
- Unfortunately, not at this time. However, if your goal is to establish your own off-site delivery center or remotely managed team, please inquire for further details as we can assist you in this regard.
Who owns the legal rights to technology developed by your programmers?
- Considering you pay for all services provided, ALL work delivered through services provided by DBG (or Badass Programmers) will become your property! We are not in the business of collecting intellectual property, just in delivering Badass Programmers of the highest caliber.
How do we ensure that our IP is protected?
- All Badass Programmers are full-time employees of DBG and we would consider entering into non-compete and / or non-disclosure agreements between you and DBG. However, please keep in mind that we are a service based company and we work with customers that often have similar business models and / or software to other customers. As such, we would not be able to sign any agreements that bar us from working on other projects similar to yours.
What do your programmers specialize in?
Do you offer project management or work on a per project basis?
- Yes. We offer project management on a Time & Material basis, which is provided by the team in our Newport Beach, CA office. We also offer development services on a per project basis if you can provide us with fixed scope, design documents and technical specifications. Please see our engagement models for more details.
Do you have graphic designers and/or product managers as well?
- Yes. We offer creative services on a Time & Material and per project basis, which is provided by the design team in our Newport Beach, CA office.
Can you work with us to screen, vet, or interview programmers we want to hire full-time for our company?
- Currently, we do not offer this service, but we do plan on looking into this real soon!
Pricing & Payment
How much do you charge?
We offer three (3) engagement models where cost is dependent on the duration of our engagement:
- Full Time Badass Programmers
$5,800/mo (translates to roughly ~$36/hr)
3-month initial commitment required.
- Time & Material
Discount for Pre-paid Block Hours:
200-1,000 Hours: $70/hr
1,000+ Hours: $65/hr
- Fixed Scope & Cost
Please inquire for consultation and project estimate.
How are payments and invoices handled?
- Each engagement model has different payment terms. Full Time Programmers are invoiced 15 days before the start of each new month and payment is due before the start of a new month. Time & Material services are rendered in advance and weekly or bi-weekly invoiced are generated. Fixed Scope & Cost projects include negotiated payment terms, but we require an initial deposit in advance and milestone payments according to a mutually agreed upon schedule.
What methods of payment do you accept?
- Currently, we accept company / personal checks, bank wires, and bitcoin.